Sunday, May 21, 2017

Greetings and Panel Appearance

Hello again! Looks like it's been a while since I posted - don't think I'm meant for blogging.



Anyhow, I'll be at Animazement in Raleigh, North Carolina this weekend the 25th through 28th. As conventions go, it's a lot of fun. Check it out here! I will also be part of a panel on Friday night to discuss Yuri!!! on Ice and its implications for the gay romance and yaoi genres.

Yuri!!! on Ice is an anime that is very dear to me, and I can't wait to talk about it on Friday. This will be rather difficult because I don't know how to describe the show, really.... It's sweet without being overly sweet, dramatic without being overdone, and while based on competitive ice-skating is never off-putting even to someone like me who knows nothing about the sport. I've watched it five or six times now and it always fills me with such joy. Even just watching the opening sequence brightens my day!


 Me, watching Yuri!!! on Ice on a bad day.

If you're attending Animazement and a fan of the show, or of gay romance or yaoi, please stop by the Dreamspinner Press booth in the dealer's room or attend our panel if you are over eighteen! I can't wait to meet new people who are interested in the same genres as I am.

Cheers,
Aishlar 


No comments:

Post a Comment