Friday, June 2, 2017

On The Adventure Zone (And Things That Shouldn't Need Be Said)

Hi everyone and anyone,

I am floored and saddened at the way many fans reacted to The Adventure Zone's artwork reveal, and I wanted to say just a few things.

As an author, I know I would be torn apart if so many fans turned on me in this way.

As a fan, I am shaken that other fans would be so quick to criticize the creators of something so wonderful.

Everyone has a right to create their art, no matter what medium that art takes. You get to choose what your art looks, sounds, and feels like. The people who watch, read, or listen to your art are free to love it or hate it. If they hate it, they are free to seek out something that suits them better - or create something unique of their own.

I love the McElroy's as if they were my own family, as their voices have gotten me through countless times of fear and anger and sickness, and made me laugh even louder in times of happiness. If you're reading this, McElroy's, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That's all for now,
Aishlar

No comments:

Post a Comment